Cholecystitis – is an inflammatory process of the gallbladder. In severe cases, it is accompanied by the formation of concretions. It develops with an excessive concentration of salt and cholesterol in the body. The disease requires a doctor’s consultation.
Symptoms of cholecystitis
The symptoms depend on the form of the disease. Acute cholecystitis is accompanied by the following signs:
- metallic taste in the oral cavity;
- elevated temperature, up to 39 degrees;
- rapid heart rate;
- vomiting attacks;
- Ortner’s symptom, implies painful sensations when beating the right hypochondrium with the edge of the palm;
- Murphy’s symptom, characterized by increased pain during palpation of the gallbladder when inhaling;
- tension of the abdominal muscle tissues, the occurrence of pain during rapid lowering of the upper limb.
Chronic cholecystitis is accompanied by the following signs:
- painful sensations of a pulling nature in the area of the right hypochondrium, discomfort gives to the arm or shoulder blade;
- dryness of the oral cavity after sleep, belching;
- nausea attacks;
- violation of the digestive system;
- feeling of bloating;
- decreased appetite.
Doctors distinguish the following causes of cholecystitis:
- cholelithiasis provokes the inflammatory process of the walls of this organ;
- frequent overeating, eating fried food, abuse of alcoholic beverages, sodas;
- sedentary work, inflammation develops with stagnation in the bile ducts;
- high concentration of sugar in the circulatory system;
- diseases of the endocrine system;
- excess body weight;
- hereditary factor;
- penetration of an infectious pathogen into the gallbladder;
- the process of carrying a child is explained by a decrease in muscle elasticity;
- hormonal disorders;
- other inflammatory diseases;
- allergic reaction;physical damage to the gallbladder;
- a sharp shake of the body, for example, during a ride on a roller coaster.
The doctor conducts a visual examination, feels the affected area. The patient is sent for a blood test to determine the signs of the inflammatory process. The patient is prescribed an analysis of feces and urine, bile is examined. To make an accurate diagnosis, ultrasound, radiography, ECG, duodenal probing are used. In severe cases, computed tomography or MRI is prescribed to determine the form and degree of the disease.
Which doctor should I contact
If the first symptoms of the disease appear, contact a gastroenterologist. He will make a diagnosis and prescribe competent treatment, and if necessary, he will refer you to other narrow specialists.
Treatment of cholecystitis
The course of treatment is made by a doctor, depending on the degree and form of pathology. In the inflammatory process, antibacterial drugs are prescribed. Anti-inflammatory drugs, physiotherapy procedures, folk recipes will help to get rid of pain and improve well-being. In severe cases, surgical intervention is used to cure cholecystitis.
Prevention of cholecystitis
It will be possible to prevent the development of complications and reduce the risk of cholecystitis progression by following the following recommendations:
- give up drinking alcohol, smoking;
- once every 12 months, undergo a medical examination;
- timely treat infectious and inflammatory diseases;
- give up the use of narcotic drugs;
- once in 6 months, drink a course of vitamins;
- if you find signs of cholecystitis, consult a doctor;
- take a walk in the fresh air more often;
- give up junk food;
- exercise every day;
- when working sedentary, take a break once an hour.